Female James Bond Options
The world is not ready you say? Until you do it they are never going to be.
- •Ruth NeggaOriginally introduced to this Irish actress in 2010 in E4's Misfits. She has now gone on to featured in World War Z and the highly anticipated Preacher television adaption. It wasn't until I saw her recur in Agents of Shield as the ever mysterious Raina, that she really popped into my mind whenever I think of the cloudy intrigue needed for a Bond. One to watch either way.
- •Gillian AndersonDemands respect and oozes intelligence.
- •Priyanka ChopraAnderson and Chopra recently started this conversation back up again. She's shown her espionage chops in ABC's hit Quantico (which is next up on my list to finish) and has so many stunning Bollywood films under her belt that there simply is no denying this woman is in no shortage of talent.
- •Rosamind PikeCan pull off detached really well. Excellent at translating a character's interest.
- •Ania Bukstein"Hey, she looks super familiar!" you may be thinking right now. That's because this Israeli actress just made her debut in Game of Thrones as Meeren's new religious spokesperson. If her single scene and captivating range of silent expression doesn't make think she could really bring something to this role I don't know what will.
- •Ruth WilsonHer role in Luther (also staring Idris Elba, who was the fan favourite to be first Black actor to portray the role, was swiftly shut down after the rampant racism the actor was shown and subsequently the actor didn't want to be Black Bond but rightfully just wanted to be Bond) showed she can do all things expected of a female Bond.