Emotional Stages of Realizing You Missed Your Stop
At least you're not stuck on an A train for an hour due to a fake emergency stop. (True story)
- •ConfusionYou're disoriented by the fact that there usually aren't this few people at your stop.
- •Selfishness"STOP THIS SUBWAY TRAIN THIS INSTANT!" runs through your head as you only care about how your misstep only screws up your day. MTA does not care.
- •PanicYou do not know whether you're express train stops at the next stop going in the other direction and you have no cell signal.
- •AnxietyYou begin to get restless, waiting until you get to the next stop.
- •ReliefWhen you get off the train, awkwardly walk-run to the downtown-bound platform and see the express train you need arriving just as you make it to the top of the stairs.