How to Not Tell You're Child That You're in the Hospital
Real text from my father at 4pm today.
- •"Hi, pretty daughter, hope all is well."Starting off with a compliment is never a good idea.
- •"I had to go to the ER on Saturday because of severe lower abdomen pain."Wait what?! It's MONDAY.
- •"I had surgery that night to remove my appendix."Okay let's address the fact that it's Monday at 4pm again.
- •"I'm still in the hospital and will be here for another day or two."Such a casual tone about the length of the hospital stay.
- •"Feeling rough, but I'll survive."This sounds like something a girl would say to a guy when she's trying to pretend like she's not that angry, but really is except it's the hospital and it's surgery and it's over text.
- •"I love you."Gut wrenching closing statement. Pun intended.