Observations From Sustained Social Interaction With British People
Oxford, 2013 and 2015.
- •Drinking a pint of beer is more important than drinking apint of water.
- •Your water glass will be small and please don't ask for a refill.
- •Oxford students know a lot more about American politics than I know about British politics.
- •Taking professional photos in off-brand nightclubs and making them your profile picture on Facebook are a common occurrence.
- •Making this photo your first photo on Tinder are also a common occurrence.
- •A "fancy dress" party does not mean show up in a ball gown.
- •Your either sleeping together or your probably talking about marriage.
- •People are quiet in pubs and don't actually scream, unless a Manchester United game is on and they're winning.
- •Red bull is a popular chaser for pretty much any liquor.
- •"Cheese" music means "Songs that were on a Now That's What I Call CD in 2004" and you will only know the chorus.
- •Drunk kebabs > Drunk pizza
- •Getting a photo inside the Kebab truck owner is a status symbol, which I achieved on multiple occasions.
- •Pledging allegiance to a kebab truck owner is taken seriously. I pledged allegiance to Hussein and never looked back.