Odd Things About Going to Middle-school in Japan
- •We had two recessesAnd we rode unicycles.
- •We had group exercises every morning.
- •We had cubbies for our "outdoor" shoes.My cubbie said: "Maderine." No L.
- •We had choir practice where we learned songs in Japanese.With sign-language to compliment the lyrics.
- •We sung the numbers 1 through 10 in unison during warmup stretches at volleyball practice.In Japanese.
- •We ate onigiri (rice balls) instead of orange slices after playing sports.
- •We sometimes saw geishas walking home from school and no one blinked an eye.