Overheard at the Rhodes Scholars House
Just attended a talk with A.E. Stallings, a candidate for the Oxford Professor of Poetry, if that paints a picture for you. (She's awesome by the way and it's not just because she's from Decatur.)
- •"I dabble in syllabic."
- •"I'm a poet, because I'm too lazy to write a novel."
- •"I know more words in Greek than my children, who are bilingual."
- •"I was so uninspired by the poetry of the 80's."
- •"What are your thoughts on hard syllables?"
- •"People in Greece are always in a lawsuit with their brother."