Pretentious Digital Terms, Defined
Big words, basic meanings.
- •StrategyIf you're a "strategist," you basically just figure out how to do something and make a plan to execute.
- •DeckA fancy word for a PowerPoint, not where you park a boat.
- •CMSAka a content management system. Aka a place where you put stuff and organize it.
- •Second-screenA phone or a screen other than what you see on a television.
- •ContentCopy, tweets, Instagrams, Vines, etc.
- •Editorial CalendarA place where you say "Hey! Here's all the stuff we're gonna tweet/Instagram/write for X amount of time and pretend we're posting it in real-time!"
- •SEOSearch-engine-optimization aka getting your website to come up on that prizes page one on Google.
- •CurationYou basically just went through a vetting process with a team of people to figure out which tweet will do the best.
- •OrganicUsed when describing "content." The more "organic" it is, the more likely millennials won't think it's a paid advertisement. But, they will probably figure it out regardless.