Things That Were Cool at My International Middle School in Japan
Kyoto International School was a mix of rich Japanese families and ex-pats whose academic grants paid for their children to have this v hip, v international education. 😎
- •Knowing how to ride the unicycle during recess.
- •Being named "Wave."Only one girl with this name, so I knew I had to be friends with her. She was half Australian and half Japanese and is now the coolest photographer. Fun fact: At her old school in Sydney, they surfed for PE class.
- •Playing the recorder.
- •Singing Norah Jones songs in the talent show.
- •Being on the cover of the local magazine.I was Miss October and I posed with some elderly Japanese man. I think he was the owner of a charity in Kyoto, but I cannot confirm this...
- •Playing soccer.
- •Wearing Stan Smith's
- •Gossiping in Japanese.
- •Being friends with Mr.Duff, our Canadian English/History teacher.
- •Having an aesthetically-pleasing bento box at lunch.
- •Going to Kabuki performances on field tripsSuggested by @celine