Thoughts on Seeing 'Measure for Measure' in Russian When I Don't Speak Russian
Side note: It was 💯 even though I still don't know Russian, but I don't think Shakespeare did either.
- •There better be subtitles.
- •Oh thank god, there are subtitles.
- •Shit, I think I forgot my glasses.
- •Wait, jk, they're in the bottom of my purse.
- •Great! Now I can read this Shakespearean English!
- •I still don't really know what's going on.
- •@markravina should've come with me to this.
- •I *would* have to pee now.
- •Andddd there's no intermission.
- •Okay, but I'm kind of into this being set in post-communist Russia.
- •Even though I'm still not sure what's going on.
- •Wait, I think this is where the nun shows up!
- •It is! *high fives self*
- •*looks away from subtitles for two seconds*
- •And I'm lost again.
- •I should've read the Wikipedia page.