Ways I'm "Connected" to the Atlanta Rap Scene
Whenever someone mentions a rapper from Atlanta, every Atlantan seems to have a connection that isn't actually that real. These are my "connections."
- •T.I.My step-mom's good friend's daughter is married to T.I.
- •Soulja BoyWe both grew up in metropolitan Atlanta aka not the suburbs.
- •UsherSat across from him at brunch and then our paths crossed again in line for the restroom. 😍
- •Childish GambinoBrother's history teacher taught Donald in high-school. He gives shoutouts to Decatur, the neighborhood where I grew up (See track: My Name Bam-B), all the time. So, yeah.
- •Big BoiIn my days modeling at Saks Fifth Avenue, I would see him in the shoe department. That's it.
- •Waka Flocka FlameOne time, I accidentally showed up at his show in this really crappy venue. We took a selfie.
- •LudacrisMy brother hangs with his kids in the carpool lane at school. (My brother has the best life)
- •ILoveMakonnenWho doesn't love going up on a Tuesday?
- •CeeLo GreenOnce again, my brother's cool school wins. My brother says that he drops his kids off in a Rolls Royce everyday. Welcome to Atlanta.