Weird Model Castings
Not all model castings are for runway shows and Vogue. Here is a selection of strange castings I've been on in various cities around the world.
- •Commercial for a hair-removal product.We had to learn a choreographed dance that we performed in front of a casting director. I am not a dancer.
- •Slipper modeling.They took photos of our feet and asked us to pose in a "comfortable way."
- •Canon how-to guide.As in the camera and a visual guide for using your new camera.
- •Extra on a bad TV show.Too many to count and so many cheesy lines, usually involving getting a drink in a nightclub.
- •Hand model for iPhone case.Yup, we were asked to pose with our hands.
- •Pregnancy catalog.They put all of the models in fake bumps and gave us a fake husband.
- •Atlanta music videos.Featuring such awkward tall-girl dancing for rappers like Ludacris, Usher and Soulja Boy. I never booked these.