TV I Watched With My Grandmother Growing Up
Watching these programs today definitely brings me back to the beautiful, nostalgic memories of my fantastic, loving grandmother! As she munched on some oven roasted peanuts and sipped at her vodka & tonic, my brother and sisters had their ice cream sundaes and we were good to go..let the shows begin!
- •The Sound of MusicAll time favorite musical ...grams & I watched this every year (together if we could) but sometimes we were living far apart so we spoke on the phone before/after the viewing. We happily sang along 😳 ...we sounded terrible but sooo much fun!!
- •The Love BoatWe looked in the TV guide the night before to see who the guest star was going to be the following night. If the guest wasn't someone my grandmother "cared for" she just ditched me and went to bed! But this worked out great for me. I was able to stay up late on a Friday night... just to watch Fantasy Island, but I really loved this show! "The Plane, The Plane!"
- •Wheel of FortuneMy grandmother loved this show. We watched this every night after dinner.
- •JeopardyUugggg! One of her favorites! Great time for me to do homework! Really funny to hear her say "What is ...."
- •Wonder Woman & Six Million Dollar ManGrandma was most likely on her second drink maximum to sit through these two shows with me!! She was awesome...miss her so much 😢