Some things I hope I will remember to achieve in the new year.
- 1.Brush my hairI often feel self-conscious or unprepared whenever my hair is a ball of frizz (which is most of the time.) I hope to brush my hair and actually "do" it more often so that I feel in control and confident.
- 2.Say yes moreMy anxiety disorder has caused me to say no so often. It's time to start saying yes more.
- 3.Stay hydratedThis has been a goal for maybe 4 years now, and I never achieve it. Maybe I'll get a cute water bottle as motivation.
- 4.Go to therapy consistentlyGet past my agoraphobia. Challenge myself. Take control. Take care.
- 5.Read at least 1 book a month12 books minimum. Finish "Tender is the Night" first. I used to read so often, but technology has made me forget the joy of literature. I need to find it again.
- 6.Watch more sunrises/sunsetsFocus more on the present. Marvel at existence.
- 7.Eat veganNot 100% but more than I do now. Choose vegan alternatives (coconut milk, dairy-free butter) and avoid dairy more often.
- 8.Make video diariesOne every week. Exercise creativity. Shout into the void. Share.
- 9.VolunteerSpend more time doing selfless acts + positively impacting others lives.
- 10.ExerciseRun, yoga, lift weights. Create a body I am proud of. One that feels strong and capable and calm.
- 11.Minimize possessionsGet rid of lots of clothes. Only own things that bring me joy. Feel the lightness of not being weighed down by things.
- 12.Stop shopping fast fashionMake conscious choices. Don't contribute to the negativity of fast fashion.
- 13.Watch documentariesOnce a week. Documentary Tuesday's?
- 14.Practice Spanish30 minutes to an hour each day on Duolingo.
- 15.Spend more time in coffee shopsChoose to be out in the world, surrounded, open go opportunities.
- 16.Get a tattooYou know the one.
- 17.WriteIn my journal, in my notes, for my next book. Anything. It can be awful, it can be short, it can be sad, happy, hopeful. Just do it. As much as possible.