Some Quotes I Love
Because words have a way with me.
- •“I’ll never know and neither will you of the life you didn’t choose. We’ll only know that whatever that sister life was, it was important and beautiful and not ours. It was the ghost ship that didn’t carry us. There’s nothing to do but salute it from the shore.” -Cheryl Strayed@CherylStrayed writes intensely and beautifully about things that matter.
- •"You shall love your crooked neighbor with all your crooked heart." -W.H. AudenA mantra of sorts.
- •"Exhaust the little moment. Soon it dies. And be it gash or gold it will not come Again in this identical guise." -Gwendolyn Brooks
- •"Something in me vibrates to a dusky, dreamy smell of dying moons and shadows." -Zelda Fitzgerald
- •"I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose...choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet." -Sylvia PlathI'm at a period of time in my life when I relate to this so deeply I could cry. And I do.
- •"So many people are shut up tight inside themselves like boxes, yet they would open up, unfolding quite wonderfully, if only you were interested in them." -Sylvia PlathThere's so much more to people than what I can perceive and will ever understand.
- •"Things and people are waiting for me, and doubtless I am waiting for them and desiring them with all my strength and sadness. But, here, I earn the right to be alive by silence and secrecy. The miracle of not having to talk about oneself." -Albert Camus
- •"I read somewhere...how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong...but to feel strong." -Chris McCandlessFakin' it til I make it.