The 7 Marijuana Stores I See on My Commute to Work Ranked by Name
Weed is legal in Oregon now and to celebrate every open retail space in Portland has become a pot shop. I drive 15 minutes to get to work and I see 7 shops. I love all their hilarious names, some more then others.
- 1.PanaceaThis is my least favorite kind of store name: one word that really says nothing. I get that the word itself means a remedy but you have an opportunity here to make a great pun or innuendo and you dropped the ball.
- 2.NectarSimilar to the first, this one is only good to me because I like laughing at the thought of someone calling weed the nectar of the gods. I also appreciate the Disney channel original movie "Brink" type slang of Nectar! as skater/ surfer stoner slang done right. This one misses the mark because it really has nothing to do with marijuana
- 3.Collective AwakeningsSure sure I get it. It's hippie dippy and the weed leaf surrounded by sunshine speaks volumes but all I see in this title is a bunch of folks with dread locks and bare feet saying the word ganja a lot.
- 4.Pure GreenWe're getting closer to a solid name but this could easily be some kind of dance club or garden store.
- 5.Silver StemSkate shop vibes strong in this name. We've got a weed plant reference, an alliteration and a tone that says we have good weed and we're chill about it.
- 6.Tree House Collective (or THC)I like the use of THC to come up with a nice weedy name. Tree is used well here as both the tree house and also as another name for pot. Also this sign really emphasizes the letters THC and what they stand for is secondary
- 7.The Marijuana StoreBAM! This is it- the top of the charts, the ultimate, the pinnacle, the star of the show. No bells or whistles, no frills, just tell it like it is. This place has little weed leaves all over the sign, the writing is in a classic san serif font and it's green on white. What more could you ask for? If I ever need a dub on my way home, I will absolutely be stopping at the marijuana store for all my needs