Things I Love About Fall in Oregon
It's really the best time to enjoy one of the best things in this world- being an Oregonian.
- •The leaves changing colorThis is an obvious one but after so many sad, dry, brown months the trees turning vibrant reds, oranges and yellows is really a magical thing
- •RainSummer is dry and it makes me sad. The first real long days of nothing but rain are so revitalizing. Both plants and I come back to life
- •SoupSoup season is my favorite culinary season. A big ol' pot of something boiling away on the stove, heating up the whole house is a beautiful thing
- •Sweater weatherI spend all of summer trying to wear as few clothes as possible because any fabric touching my skin instantly turns into a sweat rag. That's why I love the change to the cool, crisp weather of fall and the opportunity to wear pants and sweaters and layer the fuck outta my clothes
- •Hot toddysDrink up! The most delicious, soul warming beverage there is
- •Sweet potato fries and pumpkin shakes at burgervilleIf you're from Oregon or have ever come here and had a half decent host then you know about BV and you know what I'm talking about. Glory be to seasonal shakes and sweet tater fries 🙏
- •Oregon duck footballEvery September my boys come back and ring in the fall with the glory that is college football. I love my ducks.