Self Love Goals
Resolutions for the New Year and beyond, or just things that I need to work on in general and need reminding of.
- •Seek out (professional) help when you need it.You deserve to feel good and you deserve to ask for help when you need it. Don't be afraid to get what you need to succeed, because if you don't get it for yourself then who will? You are worth the space you occupy.
- •Take a little time each day to do something nice for yourself.Get off of your phone and take 15 minutes to do a face mask, try on some new makeup, light a candle, read a book, sit outside, go to a coffee shop, etc. You deserve to feel nice and happy, take the time to help yourself!
- •Wake up earlier each day.Get a good night's rest and wake up early so you have more time to yourself to read and write in your journal.
- •Make an effort to do something that you want to do.Go to a coffee shop, take photos in the park, go on a hike in your town, read a book in the bookstore, push through the discomfort you feel when going out into public alone and channel it into doing something you enjoy by yourself. Learn to be comfortable by yourself, you're stuck with yourself for the rest of your life so why not get used to it while you can?
- •Stick to a morning and night routine.Brush your teeth, fix your hair, wash your face, do makeup in the morning, take a shower, put on music and sing along, do whatever you need to do each and every day to feel refreshed and well prepared for the day ahead.
- •Drink more tea.Make yourself a cup of tea every morning and I promise you'll feel better.
- •Treat yourself with the same kindness and love you would for your future children.You have to make yourself a priority and show yourself the same affection you would your child. You are important and deserving of love, how else are you supposed to show others that you love them if you don't know how to show yourself that you love you? Be kind to yourself and others.
- •Take up time and space.This might be obvious but even in public situations you deserve to take up time and/or space. Make your presence known to the universe, let everyone know you are here and you are deserving.
- •Say something nice to yourself every day.You praise others and show them unconditional love, you deserve to be treated the same way. You are a strong woman who has overcome so much and has accomplished so much. You are smart, beautiful, kind, funny, creative, hard-working, and so much more. Remind yourself of how amazing you are each day, and remember to be humble and grateful.
- •If you're experiencing a depressive or dissociative episode or experiencing anxiety, talk to someone.You close yourself off when you don't feel neurotypical or normal, and that tends to make these episodes much worse. When you feel unwell, talk to someone about how and why you feel this way. Talk to your mother, sister, father, close friend, coworker, therapist, or, when no one else is available, write about it. Be objective in your writing and try to work through your emotions and delusions as objectively as possible. You will be okay.
- •Remember how many people are rooting for you.You deserve success and happiness and we are all rooting for you. Your family, friends, coworkers, classmates, professors, and so many more are all rooting for you, don't ever forget that. Teach yourself to become one of your fans, root for your own success instead of your own demise.