JOBS I HAD BEFORE PEOPLE PAID ME TO WRITE
Didn't get that first check until I was 33, FYI (Inspired by @ouizoid)
- •Hello Kitty (Sanrio) store clerk (age 16)This is maybe why I don't like Christmas.
- •Gave swim lessons (age 17)
- •College bookstore clerk (age 19)
- •Office assistant for a legal research company (age 21)
- •Office temp (age 22)"Fun" fact: I had a gig in the WTC a week before 9/11.
- •Model (ages 22-25)New York, Tokyo, Milan, LA. I only really made money in Tokyo, which subsidized the other markets.
- •Deposition transcript proofreader (age 26-27)
- •Legal secretary (age 27-33)
- •Freelance workScript reading/coverage, copywriting/editing, SEO blogging