ANGSTIEST SONGS FROM THE 90'S
You kids today. With your fallout boys, and your panics at the discotheques. Think you know what angst is? Science has confirmed that we hit peak angst in the 90's. Only due to the valiant effort of the Strategic Angst Reserve are you able to feel the leftovers.
- •I Hate My Generation (Cracker)Holy shit you guys, that's angsty as fuck. This is like the sonic manifestation of that dude with the protest sign that says "Fuck Middle America" except more subtle and self-aware.
- •Save yourself (Stabbing Westward)Fun Fact: a lit Clove cigarette will appear in your hand if you play this song from start to finish.
- •Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge On Seattle (Nirvana)Kind of hard to pick just one song from the Nirvana catalog for this list, amirite?
- •Bullet With Butterfly Wings (Smashing Pumpkins)Full disclosure: i'm not really into the Pumpkins. They just don't do it for me. Hat's off to them for the angstiness in this song, tho.
- •Seether (Veruca Salt)Classic 90s mainstream indie lady angst rock.
- •I'm Only Happy When It Rains (Garbage)I mean, their name is Garbage. See Seether.
- •Pretty Hate Machine--the whole album (Nine Inch Nails)Not a happy one in the bunch.
- •You Oughta Know (Alanis Morissette)Before Taylor Swift was old enough to have a boyfriend to write a song about, there was 90s Alanis.Suggested by @wilmotwrites
- •Outshined (Soundgarden)Looking California and feeling Minnesota indeed.
- •I Hate Everything About You by Ugly Kid JoeOpenly aggressive maybe more than angsty? I still love it.Suggested by @ameliaville
- •What About - Janet Jackson"What about the times you said no one would want me."Suggested by @stars
- •Ænema (Tool)I ❤️ LASuggested by @AlissaT
- •Bound for the Floor (Local H)And you just don't get it, you keep it copacetic And you learn to accept it, you know it's so pathetic 😝Suggested by @AlissaT