HOW TO TELL IF YOU'VE DRIVEN FROM MD TO DC
Cuz it's not like you could just hang up a sign informing drivers of the fact that they are now in the nation's Capitol
- •Yellow and white lane markings have completely disappeared from the roadThose were just distracting the drivers anyway.
- •Lanes go away, become turn-only lanes, re-appear seemingly at random and with no warning"Because Fuck You, that's why!" -DC Department of Transportation chief, probably.
- •Fun Fact: all of the traffic circles were inspired by the work of Hieronymus Bosch!
- •Traffic Light enclosures are black instead of yellowDoes any other city do this or is this just a DC thing?
- •Traffic lights are on the side, instead of overheadBecause visible stop lights are for pussies.
- •I wouldn't call what you are driving in 'pavement' anymore. It's more like various strata of potholes that have been filled at different times over the past century
- •There's a man urinating on the side of a fenceTo be fair, that happens on the MD side as well
- •All of the road identifiers are appended with the word 'unit' for some reasonIs that meant to be a phallic reference?