"REALITY" TELEVISION TROPE THAT SENDS ME INTO A SPIT-FLECKED RAGE
- •The writers/producers of these shows always try to inject something to make the *subjects 'relatable'*exploitees?
- •And something that most everyone can relate to is some kind of financial trouble.
- •When they roll this out, I'm all like:
- •"Maybe the network that is CURRENTLY PAYING YOU TO DO THIS SHOW can help you out with those bills?"I mean, don't they kind of depend on your success anyway?
- •Failing that, maybe the FUCKING ADVERTISERS could swoop in and help out?Seriously, the network, the advertisers, the hillbillies on the show: you're all in this together at this point.
- •That's when my brain hits the Lewis Black Starbucks-across-from-a-Starbucks-singularity...WHATS THE FUCKING POINT OF "REALITY" TELEVISION IF THESE PEOPLE ARE ONLY STRUGGLING BECAUSE WRITERS SAID THEY WERE?