🐢 SLOW NEWS DAY NBC4?🐢
I don't know if I hate non-news stories more than I love bitching about them. I saw this 2 years ago and I'm still filled with bile-spewing rage just thinking about it.
- •I'll summarize if you don't want to click the link: the dress code says that girls can wear leggings only if the shirt reaches their fingertips. This girl has long arms, so she was told to change her clothes or go home. She did neither (nor did she get in trouble¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .) Her mom shit herself over the opportunity to get on the local news. What kind of backwater, one-light town does this station cover? Washington DC. You know, the seat of power for the most powerful nation on planet Earth.
- •This. 👏 Is. 👏Not. 👏Journalism.
- •This wouldn't have even made it into the school newspaper in my high school.
- •<Breaking News Sound> High school dress codes are arbitrary, subjective, and poorly enforced!This just in: water is wet, and my sources are also telling me that fire is hot.
- •I can't tell you how many times in high school I was told to change my shirt/turn it inside out or be sent home.Not once did I think to alert the media.
- •A more accurate headline would be: Local girl sent home for dress code violation, local mom is best friends with our producer and we are all drunk.