TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE TIMES I HAVE LAUGHED OUT LOUD IN A MOVIE THEATER
- •End of Days, this scene:Hard to tell from the low-res pic, but yes, that is Arnold Schwarzenegger being crucified on the side of a skyscraper in New York
- •Just that one time reallyI'm not even religious, but I just couldn't handle the ridiculousness of Ahhnold as a stand-in for Jesus. The sacred juxtaposed with the profane. The campiest meat-head action star, suffering for all of us: and it was NOT played for laughs. I cannot stress that enough. In no way did the creators of this movie intend this to be anything other than a somewhat tragic high-tension scene where the protagonist hits his nadir.
- •But it was so awkward you guysUncontrollable. Loud. Laughter. I don't think anyone in the theater could hear any actual dialogue for a good 6-7 minutes.
- •The theatre was so crowded...No one else thought it was funny.
- •And dead silentFor real- it was like a funeral in there
- •I'm pretty sure this means I have some terrible undiscovered psychological problemI could tell from all the stink-eyes that everyone else in the audience came to that conclusion.
- •At least in the future they'll be able to diagnose those afflicted by having them watch this movie and gauge their reaction