LITERATURE I FIND MYSELF RECOMMENDING OFTEN
I think I am around a lot of people who are going through a lot of the same things
- •A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald MillerGood for: looking at oneself like a character in a story, jolting creative people out of a self-sabotaging slump, framing your life in the perspective of a kid but in adult scenarios
- •Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest HemingwayGood for: finding the balance between living and creating
- •One More Thing by BJ NovakNot even just sucking up right now I will go wherever @bjnovak leads me after reading this thing. Good for: laughs, light cynicism, rethinking form, short story lovers who want something fresh
- •Bright Lights, Big City by Jay McInerneyGood for: sad souls who once empathized with Holden Caulfield, naysayers of the second-person format, big make-it-or-break-it transitional periods
- •Franny and Zooey by JD SalingerGood for: more Salinger characters (I love the Glass family), the young but thoughtful cynic, that friend who says "I want to start reading more but I don't really have the time or know where to start"