- •This American LifeThis one's obvious. But in reference to the Doppelgänger episode-- Fred Armisen sounds more like Ira Glass when he's not doing an impression of Ira Glass
- •99 Percent InvisibleThis is one of the best ones out there. Saying its a podcast about design really doesn't cover it. Also, definitely naming my son Maslow.
- •Reply AllOnce again, the description doesn't do it justice. A podcast about the Internet? More like a podcast of great stories that are loosely connected to the Internet. Favorites: The Fever and The Man in the FBI Hat.
- •The MothPeople telling stories on stage. You laugh, you cry, you learn to skip all the ones read by self-described poets.
- •MortifiedPeople reading old childhood writings on stage. I used to listen to this one at work, but the faces and sounds I made trying to suppress laughter were worrying people.
- •RadiolabListen to the update Patient Zero episode-- this is what got my mom into podcasts
- •Stuff You Missed in History ClassMy favorite of the Stuff podcasts-- not as irritating as Stuff Mom Never Told You, not as rambling as Stuff You Should Know (God love 'em)
- •FrontlineThe episodes about superbugs will keep you awake at night. And the fact that I like the opening music makes me feel like I'm 60.
- •Mystery ShowIncredible-- The host investigates the sort of seemingly impossible to solve mysteries everyone has come across at some point-- best episode: The Belt Buckle