TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE CULTURE IN LONDON
Thursday 12 November- Sunday 15 November
- •John Grant concert at the Hammersmith ApolloI'd never heard of him (but I really only listen to show tunes), but @ce_mcintosh invited me. It was excellent! Beautiful music in a beautiful venue. And I bought a shirt with an emu on it!
- •Royal Academy of ArtWe wanted to see the Ai Wei Wei exhibit, but the line was too long.
- •White Cube GalleryThere was a room with quilts
- •Fortnum and MasonGorgeous department store with a lot of fancy, expensive stuff. £700 leather elephant doorstop? Got it. £1000 box of Christmas crackers? You bet.
- •Maison BertauxWe had tea and cakes at this incredible old-school patisserie in the heart of Soho; definitely want to make going there a tradition
- •We walked from Piccadilly Circus, up Regent Street, through Soho, Seven Dials, Lincoln Fields, Smithfield, Spitalfields-- all the way home
- •V&A Museum of ChildhoodSaw a lot of toys-- including a baby doll with anatomically correct genitals
- •Columbia Flower MarketThis is a market I can get behind-- all flowers and nice shops-- none of the shit you get on Brick Lane. So many beautiful terrace houses and cute shops and restaurants.