THOUGHTS ON PARIS
A big apathetic, French shrug
- •Alan had a GENIUS idea:A French pie shop. Beouf Bourginon Pie, Coq au Vin Pie, etc. What else is classic? Quiche Lorraine Pie?
- •It feels like a bigger, more touristy French villageYou're telling me every French village isn't just as quaint?
- •More variety, pleaseA good French bistro is great, but do all the menus need to be the same?
- •That being said, croque madames are incredibleFirst one today and I'm a changed woman
- •It was so worth it to pick out restaurants firstThere are some terrible places here, and they mostly look just like the good ones; everything in Paris looks the same
- •I need to stop caring what other people think of meI get so anxious that people will think I'm foreign, stupid, etc and I get too stressed to talk. None of this matters
- •I could probably live in a tiny studio apartment with Alan and be just fineBut what's the point if you don't have enough space to entertain?
- •I love all these big apartment building doors that lead to courtyards
- •There are more dogs in New York
- •The only way to get a waiter's attention is to call in a bomb threat
- •What's worse? Penn Station area or the area around the Gare du Nord?