Best Bars in Montana
A native daughter's favorite places to get a drink (with a little photographic corroboration thrown in for fun)
- •The Sip 'n Dip, Great FallsOn weekend nights there's a mermaid in the pool.
- •The New Atlas, ColumbusThe New Atlas doubles as a taxidermy museum, emphasis on freaks of nature.
- •The Road Kill, McLeodIn the middle of nowhere. Bring a DD.
- •The Murray, LivingstonHometown classic.
- •The M and M, ButteJack Kerouac fell in love with the place in 1970 because it was full of characters- "gamblers, whores, miners, Indians." I love the place for the bartender with hydrocephalus, who pours a great drink and makes a mean pork chop sandwich.
- •The Old Saloon, EmigrantThis place is best mid-summer, after a float down the Yellowstone.
- •Jester's in HelenaIt's a total shitshow AND they have killer live music.Suggested by @EricElkins