A few of my favorite art museums
- •Fondation MaeghtAbsolutely breathtaking modern art museum in southern France overlooking the Mediterranean. The collection is incredible, the remote location means there aren't a lot of visitors, and the location is unbeatable
- •Museum of Modern Art, New YorkIf I could go here every day, I would. It's not only one of the best museums of modern art in the world, but always on the cutting edge with contemporary art.
- •Museum of Islamic Art, QatarWhen the wealthiest per capita country in the world gives I.M. Pei a blank check and unlimited creative freedom, and acquires a collection with the single motive of finding "the best," the result is worth going to Qatar
- •Musée du Quai BranlyHighly controversial, but I love this place (sorry art history professors). It was built in the mid-2000s to house Paris's collections of African and Oceanic art, which probably shouldn't be together, but the purpose built displays are transformative and the surrounding gardens are such a stark contrast from the cityscape around it. It's the anti-Paris right in the middle of the city.
- •Musée du LouvreBecause where else can you see a Delacroix masterpiece, an Old Kingdom Egyptian statue, and Chinese blue and white porcelain in a massive palace in the middle of a city?