A Pat On The Back For Myself, Because I Deserve It
- •In a quest to be not annoying on social media, I haven't really said much about this, but today that ends (briefly, and then I'll go back to not making a peep)
- •When I moved to Louisiana, I decided that if I was ever going to lose weight it would have to be here, in a place that I could control everything around me.I now know that reasoning to be false, but ya know, what ever it took to motivate me?
- •Also, I'm in my cousins wedding in October and I figured if I dieted a year in advance, I wouldn't have to starve myself for the 6 weeks before the wedding.
- •After fucking around at the gym and doing pointless detoxes for three months, I downloaded Myfitnesspal to track every single thing that entered my mouth and started walking and running instead of rewatching the office for the 6th time.This picture is from September
- •And ... It's worked out pretty well for me. As of today, I've lost 40lbs since September.ignore the weird tan line on my stomach pls
- •This post has been sitting in my drafts since around Easter, because I had planned to post it once I hit 40. But then I plateaued and it took me almost 9 weeks to lose 3 lbs.This is an ABSOLUTELY ridiculous thing for me to complain about, but when you're used to losing 2+ lbs a week, it's so fucking hard to not just like, drown yourself in donuts (which happened ... Twice) when you weigh more than you did the week before.
- •I'm still ~20 lbs (ish) away from what I'd like to weigh, but that number is based on basically nothing so I'll see how I feel along the way.The 20lbs is what I would have to lose to no longer be on the overweight side of the BMI chart. I know BMI is fucking stupid and wildly inaccurate, but it's still used by doctors so this is what I'm going with for now.
- •But, ya know, pat on the back for myself now 😎