If you watch one thing today, this should be it
- •I post about historic preservation quite a bit, and some of that is frustration over a misunderstanding about what historic preservation is.
- •One of my professors at SCAD summed it up perfectly during a talk he gave at TedX Savannah
- •If you watch one thing today, this should be it. He makes the case for why preservation is more than just saving buildings because they look nice or are old.
- •"As individuals we attach value to places through our memories. Those memories and their associated values guide feelings about what places are worth saving. The buildings and landscapes we save over time embody our collective memory, connecting us to the past and defining our unique heritage.
- •And while decisions about what to save may vary from community to community, the importance of heritage and the significance of memory are universal."