MY FAVORITE EPISODES OF THE O.C.
Ah, thank you so much @kate81 for the opportunity to relive Orange County via my deep, though at times inexplicable, love for Ryan Atwood. This is definitely not complete because I haven't done a series rewatch in probably 3 years.
- •Premiere (notably NOT named pilot - 1.01)"WELCOME TO THE OC, BITCH" is one of the single best lines ever delivered on television.
- •The Escape (1.07)Tijuana, man. This episode also gave us some of my favorite Seth Cohen lines ever ("oh hey, pillow talk"; "my jew fro benefits from this climate." "You're Jewish?" "Yes that's why I feel so comfortable in this desert heat")
- •The Best Christmukkah Ever (1.13)The introduction of Christmukkah, the holiday of a generation
- •The Countdown (1.14)I hate New Years but this episode makes me want to love it
- •The Proposal (1.24)The music was always the best part about the oc and this episode gave us the amazing scene with "Pride" by Syntax. It's one of my favorite songs and it's used so so perfectly.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E01V219JhRg
- •The Ties That Bind (1.27)Okay fuck Caleb and Julie - Seth. And. the. Boat.
- •The Chrismukkah That Almost Wasn't (2.06)"Congratulations, you're a Cohen. Welcome to a life of insecurity and paralyzing self-doubt"
- •Okay fuck all of season 3 and most of season 4RIP Marissa????
- •The Ends Not Near, It's Here (4.16)Hear me out, because this episode was fucking awful. I'm sorry but I'm supposed to believe Ryan ends up with Taylor????? Literally no Josh Schwartz. HOWEVER, dammit if he doesn't know how to end a show: "Hey kid! You need help?"