The actual political argument my dad and I just had
Dad: very conservative/borderline paranoid republican. Me: decently liberal/occasionally skeptical democrat.
- •Dad: you're wrong about voter fraud. Democrats have been rigging elections for years and they're doing it again with this one.
- •Me: I have never heard that in my life. How are they rigging them? Where are you getting that information from?
- •Dad: how do you not know that you're wrong about election rigging? Don't you read anything besides the huffington post?
- •Me: I don't read the huffington post dad
- •Dad: you buy into all of the liberal media crap and I really am ashamed that you do. It's unsettling.
- •Me: well where are you getting your information from dad?
- •Dad: just google it! It's out there.
- •Me: but when I do google it, I find information that supports my argument that voter fraud is a non issue. Can you send me what you're reading?
- •Dad: it's because you buy into the liberal media! I'm just horrified that we wasted money sending you to college if you're just going to believe whatever they tell you to believe.
- •Me: *sighs and tries not to get defensive*
- •Just another super fun night in the O'Neill house!!!!!