THINGS I JUSTIFY BY SAYING "I GREW UP OUTSIDE OF NYC"
- •Any time I make a questionable choice while operating a vehicle"I don't give a shit that I just ran over a curb, I have jersey plates so it's fine" - actual thing that has come out of my mouth
- •My resting bitch face"Is the reason you always look so mad because you're from nj?" - actual thing my coworker's daughter has asked me
- •Why, as someone who was raised Catholic, I can sometimes relate to Jewish cultureWhile in the south, I honestly spend 10~15 minutes explaining what I mean when I say "jap"
- •The speed at which I walkIn reality, it's because I'm tall and therefore have longer legs that can cover more distance.
- •Why my life isn't like Jersey ShoreNorth Jersey vs South Jersey is a tale as old as time
- •Why I refuse to eat pizza, bagels, and tap water anywhere other else in the countryThis is more for self preservation than anything else
- •Why I curse so fucking muchIt started when I accidentally said "what the hell" in the third grade and I haven't looked back since.
- •Why I don't have an accentThe only words I saw weird are coffee, dog, and lawn, and also no one has the accent that you think of when you think of nj... Just so you know
- •The fact that I was raised in New Jersey"You can see the skyline from one specifically elevated section of town and my dad works there so it's basically just like I'm from the city"