Mental Health and College
Hey so this list is kinda sad and heavy so if you don't need that right now probably don't read this. Sorry for the negativity lately.. I just really appreciate how caring people are here and how much people seem to understand. 💛
- •I don't want to sound like a spoiled millennial.But I'm afraid it'll come out that way.
- •Since I've started college, my mental health has been a roller coaster of ups and downs.Generally I've been alright.
- •But recently, I've been way more down than up.And I'm sure a lot of you understand when I say that I can feel myself falling back into routine and becoming way more introverted than I have been recently.
- •The thing is - everyone in college is stressed.And all these feelings are valid.
- •It's hard to discern whether I need to see a doctor or whether this is "normal".A new normal but "normal" nonetheless.
- •I even tried to tell my parents about it but they chuckled and said "that's college for ya!"Like... guys.... hey.... halp.
- •I know that I'm not that ok but how do I communicate that without sounding like a cliche college student?
- •Why do we tell students that depression and anxiety are "normal"? I don't think that's something we should be ok with.
- •So anyway. I think I'm going to call the doctor and I encourage any other students who feel this way to do the same. Your feelings don't need to be validated by anyone.
- •You're strong and you can do this.I'm rooting for you. 💛💛