I'm a Bible addict and a huge aspiring Jesus nerd as you are about to see. ✝️
- •I have a lot of Bibles and this is for a couple reasons.For starters, I just really love Jesus and am drawn to every Bible I come into contact with. Also, I really enjoy being able to compare different translations against each other. Lastly, I like having Bibles I can give to friends and other people who need them. 🙌🏻
- •NIV Study BibleThis Bible has been with me through everything. It is the Bible I used through my depression and body image fight. It has notes from all of my missions trips. It has more pictures and devotional papers and meaningful cards in it than it's probably capable of holding. I love this Bible. (The card pictured is from a man I helped over my mission trip in Alaska) 😊
- •NLT Study BibleI received this Bible when I made profession of faith and it's one of my most treasured possessions. This is the Bible I usually take to church when I'm home. It has less notes in it than my NIV but I used it as a guest book for my family party after my profession so it has all of my relatives' favorite verses marked in it so that's really special. 💛
- •NLT BibleThis is a really small Bible that is one of my designated "give away if needed" Bibles. I use it for devotions sometimes and for traveling. I love this little guy.
- •The MessageUnfortunately I left this one at school but this is the Bible I received at my high school graduation. I used to be an anti-Message person and I don't know why. I use my Message a lot and I would recommend it to anyone who looks at reading the Bible as a "chore". Starting with the Message can help you make reading your Bible a habit and it helps make the Bible easy to understand. I also use the Message to cross reference verses I'm confused about. (don't tell my Bible prof)
- •ESV Journaling BibleThis Bible is really pretty. I received it as a gift from my parents the Christmas of 2015. I will be the first to admit that I don't use it as much as I should but one of my resolutions for 2017 is to make my devotions more purposeful and this Bible will help a lot with that.
- •ESV Journaling Bible continued (part 1)For example, here are a couple things I've drawn in this Bible.
- •Part 2
- •Part 3I realized as I was taking these pictures that I journal a lot in the color yellow. There are a lot of doodles that aren't pictured and those all have yellow in them too. Huh.
- •ESV Study BibleAka the ESVSB and my newest Bible. This is the Bible I use for school and oh darn I left this one at school too so you'll have to take my word for it when I say that it weighs 3.5 pounds. (No joke, this fact was in my Bible 102 syllabus) It is a heavy duty, hard cover Bible that is already marked up everywhere. I really love this Bible though. The information in it is so valuable.
- •I would love to hear other peoples Bible stories so if you do this kind of list please tag me! That would be so rad. 🙌🏻👌🏻