Signs Adulthood Is Nigh
I'm a 20-something in a few hours, and here are the dramatic events that happened today that suddenly told me I am ready:
- •For the very first time, I don't 'get' an Internet thing (the white-dreamy-boy-idol Vine community?)I read an article about a 20 year old vine star (by @stecklow) whose main jokes(?) center on him just calling himself a gringo. He looks like a baby skater boy riff raff. I feel a generation divide. He has 205K Twitter followers and a yahoo email address, and I am grandma-level flabbergasted. I actually hate this feeling but I dislike this kid's shtick more.
- •I did my laundry in the morning(!) without my day/night/room collapsing. I put my clothes away neatly and still got to work on time. 🏆
- •My nails and toes are painted and I ate a salad for lunch. 👑
- •Rocked an important business meeting💃
- •Submitted a pitch to a magazine for fun 🎉
- •I'm not feeling overwhelmed about all the stuff on my to-do/to-email list, but excited.