Reasons why War Dogs was a great film
I went to see War Dogs last night with a group of friends. It was amazing. Here's what I loved about it.
- •The camera workIt has some amazing shots and the focus in a lot of the scenes is incredible.
- •The soundtrackAnd the way different songs are used in scenes. It's got to be an incredible film when they have 'Wish you were here' by Pink Floyd over a shooting scene.
- •The directing.Todd Phillips did an amazing job on this film. 'Nuff said.
- •The realismIt starts with a shot saying that this film is based on a true story. While we don't know how loosely based this is, it does seem like this all could have happened. The actors and writers have made this story very believable.
- •The actingWhile I couldn't remember some of the names of the characters, actors like Jonah Hill showed a massive variation from their usual type-cast role.
- •The reactionI went with a group of friends, and by the end of it, most of us wanted to become an international arms dealer. Probably not a great thing. At least we're now all well aware of the consequences.