Already on li.st? Open in app.
Do you have a favorite dessert or sweet flavor you wish you could create but don't have he first clue about how to pull it off? Tell us! Maybe we can help ;)
If ain't for the flavor, why bother eating anything at all? Some of our most favorite, and often unexpected, flavor combos...
- 1.Spicy roasted pepitas and dark chocolate cookies
- 2.Strawberry Malted Milkshake Cake
- 3.Birthday Cake French Mallows
While quite sweet, white sugar, for all intents and purposes, is also quite tasteless. Sugars we like that are way more interesting:
- 1.Organic powdered sugar. This stuff is amazing. Because it's not refined like white powdered sugar, it has a sort of sweet maple molasses taste to it. Use when making the frosting for a carrot cake and people will. Lose. Their. Shit. it's so good.
- 2.Moscavado. This stuff is dark. It's gooey. Crazy hydroscopic (meaning, in it attracts water). Use it anywhere you'd use brown sugar for a deeper, more complex flavor. Try using some in a chocolate chip recipe. Or a German chocolate cake. Anything with chocolate. Your mouth is going to love it.
- 3.Maple Sugar. Made from maple trees. Similar in flavor to maple syrup, but you can use it in cookie recipes where a syrup wouldn't work. We like making maple graham crackers with this kind of sugar. Also, if you make meringues, they taste amazing when you use 1/2 super fine sugar and 1/2 maple sugar.
Stop hating corn. It makes good stuff. Especially the super sweet kind.
- •Sage & Honey. 🌿🍯We add fresh sage and honey to our cornbread cookies 👊. You're going to eat like 10 in a row if you try this. They hit that savory-sweet bliss point that makes your mouth say 🙌.
- •Cherries. 🍒🍒🍒 As in cherry cornmeal scones. We like 'em topped with a dash of maple sugar too. Do more cardio.
- •Sweet & Salty Hot Rub 💆. Get your mind out of the gutter. We're talking about the kind you put onto fresh corn before grilling or baking: chili flakes, kosher salt, brown sugar, parsley. But go ahead. Try it other places, let us know how that goes 😂😭