BEST THINGS ABOUT WAKING UP EARLY
I've been waking up at 5:30 for the past 2 months. It's been glorious.
- •The quiet.I didn't realize how much I missed small-town quiet until I woke up when the city was still mostly asleep. It's so peaceful.
- •Seeing the sunrise.It's cliche, but sunrises are beautiful, damnit!
- •The morning chill.I'm sure I'll hate this in two months, but I love a quick walk through refreshingly cold air in the morning, especially if I know it won't be that cold all day.
- •The permanently uncrowded commute.I typically get to the metro now at 7, just as it switches over to rush hour schedule, but before anyone is actually on the train. When I used to leave at 8:45, any minor problem would cause me to have a nightmarish commute since I live at the last in a long line of stops where people mostly only get on. Now? I haven't had to wait more than 4 minutes for a train in the whole 2 months.
- •A calm start to the work day.There are only a few people who get into the office that early, giving me at least an hour before the rush of meetings and calls start.
- •Getting in early means leaving early.I usually peace out at four - which means I also have an uncrowded commute home!