FAVORITE PICTURES OF MY ANCESTORS ON MY PHONE
I love going through boxes of really old photos when visiting extended family.
- •Great-great grandma, her sisters, and their awesome ringlets.Yes they kind of look like kids in a horror movie, but...still gotta appreciate that hair curl game.
- •My great-great-great grandmother, who died after getting struck by lightning while riding in a buggy.Crazy way to go.
- •My beautiful grandmother after she graduated from nursing school.
- •My dad, who got a perm at one point?!We are not a perm people.
- •Switching to my mom's side, this photo of my mom feeding a baby lamb.Again with the perms! She pulls it off better than pops, though.
- •Great-grandpa and the homestead.Mom's family has been in that house (or some version of it; it's been through several renovations, extensions, and one pretty major fire) on the North Dakota prairie for almost 150 years.
- •My other beautiful grandmother after she graduated teaching college.
- •Great-grandma and her awesome hat.Look at that cloche! This is so much more stylish than I would have assumed anyone would be in North Dakota back then.