Boston Revisited: Day 1
Backstory: I went to Boston U. for college. But also this is where the husband and I fell in ❤️. My friend from college @lalarose is getting married in Westport, Mass so we decided to come in early and revisit the city we love. We haven't been here since @murray the kid was 9 months old. Also we left the kids back in Atlanta.
- •We're staying at our first Airbnb. It's in Beacon Hill. But most importantly its neighbors with a psychic.
- •I still remember how to get around using the T, but forgot how noisy it is.
- •We visited my old apartment.
- •We were surprised to learn the elevator is still broken and the same graffiti remains on its door.One time I got stuck in if.
- •Also the stair well still smells like msg from the restaurant below. Do not eat at Victoria's Seafood by the way.
- •I visited In Your Ear record store while the husband recharged his battery in a coffee shop. I'm searching for a special Beastie Boys cassette.List note: There were maybe 2 coffee shops around BU when I was in school. Now there are 20 plus 1,000 Starbucks.
- •We stopped by T. Anthony's pizzeria, which is across from my old apartment. We found a pic of our twins' basketball coach on the wall.Evidently we went to BU together, but met when he volunteered to coach for his kids team.
- •We T'ed it to Newbury Street. I bought things (not pictured).
- •We walked back to our place and then Ubered to B&G Oysters thanks to @Nikki's recommendation on @listWe are going to try The Butcher Shop too @dev
- •Then we walked back home and I saw a bunny. A bunny y'all!!!! In Boston, y'all!!!
- •Also I took a picture of me under the Cheers sign and sent it to the guys at work, because we've watched at least 6 seasons of it on the big screen.Evidently no one knows my name.
- •Then we played darts at the Sevens and drank PBR.
- •And that was Day 1.
- •We are playing things by ear. I hear @JeremyPivot may be in town for some tech conference. Fingers crossed we run into each other.