I Snuck My Camera Into Snl and Took This Pic of the Beastie Boys
- •My sister-in-law and her brother, Justin's mom grew up next door to Lorne Michaels. So when the Beastie Boys were scheduled to be the musical act for @nbcsnl in 1998, I called in a favor to call in a favor. Justin, our friend David and I got tickets to the show.
- •It was exciting to watch SNL in person, but honestly seeing the Beastie Boys in this setting remains top days in my life next to getting married, having my 3 babies and of course, seeing the Beastie Boys perform again in 2004 in a room of 99 people.At that show, I was so close to Adrock I literally reached out and touched his arm. I felt like one of those girls screaming in old news footage of the Beatles.
- •I had been taking a photography class in college and our assignment was to take a pic of a celebrity. Everyone in class got pics of authors at Barnes and Noble book signings. I decided to sneak my camera in and capture the Beasties.
- •This is what I took. I also processed the film and developed the pic myself. Did digital cameras even exist back then?
- •Also I got an A in that class.