We don't need to "get over it". We need to get above this by helping out in our own individual ways. Here are some ideas. Add yours. Share and use the hashtag #ImWithHelping
- •Make a donationInspired by my friend Kristen... every time you read a social post saying "get over it" make a donation to Planned Parenthood or another organization important to you.
- •Donate your timewww.unitedway.org is a great place to start to find an organization that needs your help and leadership in your community.
- •Interrupt prejudice and bullyingDo something. Say something. The ADL (Adl.org) has an education and outreach program, where they'll provide you with strategies, curriculum and training to help make our schools "no place for hate."
- •@jenniferm subscribed to The New York Times and I followed her lead. We need journalists now more than ever!Suggested by @hillary79
- •Concrete Suggestions in Preparation for January 2017’s change in American government (by demographic issue). (Note: This list is a living document compiled and moderated by Kara Hurvitz, an attorney and advocate based out of Boston. It has received contributions from attorneys, other professionals, and lay people all over the country.)Suggested by @Egghead
- •I'm making an effort to be more kind to my neighbors. Usually I'd ignore them when I take out the dog. But since my complex is about 80% Indian families, many first generation American children, I want to be extra kind.They are a close group here and I'm glad they have each other. I don't want anyone to make them feel bullied.Suggested by @Boogie
- •Wearing the safety pin so people know I disagree with the results is helping me a bit.I don't have an ounce of motivation to do more, so it's baby steps for a while.Suggested by @Boogie
- •Wearing my safety pin! Also, researching quality lessons on teaching tolerance to 5th graders (10-11 year olds). I want to do more than just model it and send them to middle school maybe a little less afraid of those who are different and more tolerant!Suggested by @kate81
- •BuzzFeed made this great list about organizations that need your support: https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolinekee/organizations-that-need-your-help-after-the-2016-election?bftw&utm_term=.fw2dykd8R#.vjmL1ZL27Suggested by @lexie_elyse
- •Suggested by @lexie_elyse
- •I'm also contacting my senators and representatives and reminding them that their most important constitutional obligation is to provide a check on the legislative branch. This is especially true if they are republicans. They must help us prevent Trump's worst abuses and excesses.Suggested by @jenniferm
- •Aside from all of the wonderful suggestions above (late to the party)You can make a donation to PP in Mike Pence's name, also I plan on bulk buying many many items before inauguration day (1/20).Suggested by @ZazBlammyMaTaz