Lies I've Told That People Believe
Mostly ridiculous over the top lies about Alabama, where I grew up. But also some other things I was being sarcastic about, but I guess I've got an honest face.
- •There are open air hamster farms in Alabama. Fields and fields of hamsters frolic around these adorable tiny outdoor farms with tiny fences.
- •I grew up not wearing shoes.
- •My daddy hangs out in a saloon.People confused Alabama with the Old West.
- •My 6 yo kid introduced himself as "Poo Poo" to the nurse. So I replied saying, "Yes, he was named after my grandfather. Poo Poo is an old family name."I thought she got I was joking because she laughed but then ten minutes later inquired about the family origins of Poo Poo.
- •I have a silent "H" in front of my name. It's actually Hamanda.My friend from high school believed this for a week. But jokes on me when she started calling me Hammy.