Part of My Origins Story: The Frequent Caller
- •When I was eight, I used to call our local radio station in Birmingham, Alabama called I 95 every morning before school to talk to the DJs, Mark and Brian.
- •This is Mark & Brian
- •I'd tell them jokes. My parents would often get calls saying, "I heard Amanda on the radio."
- •The highlight of my adolescence was when my mom booked them to DJ my brother's bar mitzvah party.
- •I made sure to watch Solid Gold to acquire new dance moves. I danced in front of their DJ table. They said "nice moves." I know. I replied.
- •Eventually Mark and Brian became so successful as radio DJs that they moved to LA. I was devastated.
- •The next time I'd catch a glimpse of them was when they had a cameo in the Brady Bunch movie.
- •I'm pretty sure they would remember me.