That Time I "Retired"
- •Two years ago, I resigned from my job as director of client strategy for a digital innovations agency to figure out what I wanted to be when I grow up and spend more time with my kiddos.
- •My old Company threw me a going away party with a face cake, shots of Manischewitz and flowers all displayed nicely on an ironing board.
- •I took a standup comedy writing class with a professional, started doing open mics and showcases. I love performing and I wanted to see if I had a chance at being a standup comedian.
- •Then I started a web series. I didn't want to wait for someone to cast me in something so I created my own content.
- •What I figured it out: I'm pretty good at this standup comedy thing, but need to keep my day job to pay the bills. Now I freelance during the day and moonlight as a comedian.
- •I'm lucky to have an amazing client who thinks that I look so much like Wonder Woman that they're building me a branded office space accordingly and made an animated short of my comedy to make me happy.Thanks SprocketCreative.tv !!!!
- •So much for retirement. It'll have to wait until I'm 80.