The Long Con
- •Telling my 9yo "they only play spin the bottle at places like Jewish Summer Camp" so he'll want to go next summer
- •Getting in bed first so my husband has to turn off all the lights downstairs
- •Letting bananas go rotten so my mom will make chocolate chip banana bread when she visits
- •Telling my kids I have documented birthday wish lists so they stop asking me to buy things immediately at the store.Hopefully they'll never ask to see it.
- •Preemptively saying "too bad Chucky Cheese isn't in Georgia," so the kids never ask to go.
- •Coercing my 6yo daughter into eating broccoli by saying it will give her boobies when she is a teenager.