The Mother of Advice
What's the best advice you've ever received from your mother or the maternal figure in your life? Post it, how this may have affected your life, along with a photo if you've got it.
- •"It never hurts to ask."By using my mother's wisdom and just asking for things because you never know what the answer may be, I've gotten a new refrigerator from a landlord, Steve Koonin as a mentor when I was at Turner Broadcasting, tickets to a small private Beastie Boys concert.
- •A little kindness can go a long way.Kindness feels good to give and receive. And it can make a real difference when you're fighting with your kid brother at every opportunity.Suggested by @kcupcaker
- •"Be the best you can be. If you're going to be a prostitute, then be the best prostitute on the street."I am now the best prostitute on my street. Thanks mom!Suggested by @Lynnie
- •You'll get over him, there are many better men in your future.She was so right.Suggested by @ameliaville
- •"You can read as much as you want"Thank you, mom. (Photo of my parents on their honeymoon at, (where else?) Niagra Falls)Suggested by @loriatx
- •Always be extra nice to receptionists and assistants.Sounds prosaic but this advice has made my life easier and happier on numerous occasions.Suggested by @carlywei