The Roast of Batman
I was in a comedy show last night called Roasted. Every few months the show producer picks a character to be roasted and then books comedians to roast that person as relevant characters. I played Wonder Woman. Here are pictorial highlights and a few of my jokes in quotes.
- •Wonder Woman undercover. My husband and I went out to dinner before the show. I wore my costume beneath my dress.
- •The Cast. We all wrote original material for this one time show and told we'd be murdered if our costumes sucked.
- •Boy Wonder produced the show. After all the Batman is his best friend. "And the rumors are true. Batman and Robin are a thing. Not so super subtle guys to join the Mile High Club in an invisible jet. And it's the jet that's invisible. Not the stains."Robin didn't plan a rehearsal, but 30 minutes before the show started, we were given stage directions. One thing, we had to make up a new line once called on stage so they would have time to switch music.
- •This is me walking to get on the stage to sit with the other roasters. My impromptu line: "These are my Bracelets of Victory! I got them for my Bat Mitzvah. You can now get them from my Etsy shop."
- •Joker was the roast master. "I'm not sure what's worse: suffering from resting bitch face like Cat Woman or being more like Joker and suffering from resting happy face."
- •Jimmy Olsen was there too. None of us to could figure out why. "Jimmy Olsen is such a pussy, people keep calling him Cat Woman." --my lineJimmy thought he was drinking Ginger Ale, but wasn't. He talked about buttholes a lot.
- •My frenemy Cat Woman was there too. "Point of clarification. When anyone mentions the Bat Cave, it's actually a euphemism for Cat Woman's vagina."
- •"On a related note, the fortress of solitude is a euphemism for Super Man's dick."
- •Poison Ivy my other frenemy
- •Bane. No comment.
- •"It's about time we roasted Batman and that his ego is shot down... Just like his parents."